Tuesday, September 2, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

We had first-day-of-school all over the place today. Huck made a celebratory apricot breakfast cake braid this morning. While I sat on the couch blinking my shocked and sleepy eyes.
We somehow managed to almost miss the bus. Blue's first day of riding a bus!! We had to run. Best to introduce her early to the habits of bus-ing. It was a motley crew on that bus, though. Some seriously grumpy kiddos. I wanted to hug and kiss her and cry on her shoulder, but then I also wanted her to voluntarily return home to me at the end of the day, so I refrained from embarrassing her that much. She didn't know her teacher or room number or location, as we were out of town the day they did all that. I hope she made it!! We'll see. I have to pick her up from the bus stop in a few minutes.





Here we are discussing the in's and outs of bussing.



























Then Coyote went. Huck had to take him because I had an appointment. I missed it, but apparently he was a brave little fellow. I'm not 100% about his Montessori school, but I like it better than the other options. Cautiously optimistic. Judging from the photo, he's 100%. However, he did poop his pants at school today. He shrugged his shoulders and told me, "Oh well, I guess I'm not ready for Montessori yet." Excuse me?!! 4 years old! The potty training saga continues...

3 comments:

  1. gosh, i sure hope you update this on a regular basis. that totally made my day!
    also, when did coyote start looking so much like blue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have comments!!! I am so thrilled. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you... God bless you, both!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails